http://streetsmarter.livejournal.com/ ([identity profile] streetsmarter.livejournal.com) wrote in [community profile] paixaorpg2006-07-13 03:54 pm

The Wheels on the Train go Round [active]

Character(s): Olette, Hanyer, Lirin, and whoever else may wish to pop in.
Content: Hayner decides to leave Muspelhiem via train and meets someone he didn't expect to find quite so soon.
Setting: Paixao Central Station [J6]
Time: Monday late afternoon
Warnings: None

Finally! Finally away from that dreaded gate and its ridiculous people. But then again, was there no place in Paixao that Hayner was safe from freaks and the weird?

Apparently not.

He traveled around more until he found a train. Well, why not take it? Was there anything around Muspelhiem? No. No there wasn't. he had no personal attachment to the place. In fact, he didn't like it very much.

So now he was here. After a long train line and more of the blond clone people from the moon, he came to the central station. It was big, large, and extra huge. Nothing like Twilight Town. That and it was overly crowded for the boy's taste. He found himself constantly saying "Hey!" or "Move!" or "Watch it!" until he finally did his own shoving, which was decent even for his smaller size.

He finally made it out of a particularly rambunctious crowd in the central lobby to the front doors where he firmly planted himself on the ground just a few yards away.

Hayner groaned and looked up to the sky saying, "I already hate this place!"

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-13 08:36 pm (UTC)(link)
The past day and a half had not been the best of Olette's life, but then, she hadn't really expected them to be. She stayed at another less-then-perfect hotel and, due to her money shortage, only been able to get one square meal the day before, and had yet to eat today. Still on the hunt for a job and with nothing much else to do, she'd decided to wander the city again, looking around for familiar faces. She was starting to panic; she only had enough munny for MAYBE one more meal and a room at a cheap hotel.

She paused near the train station. There were certainly a lot of people there.... In a crowd that large, there could have easily been someone from her world (or so she tried to tell herself). She was just heading towards it when a familiar voice said, "I already hate this place!"

"Hayner?!" She turned so fast that the strands of hair that usually rested on her shoulders flew up and smacked her cheeks before settled back down, only slightly more unruly for wear.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-13 09:44 pm (UTC)(link)
"Olette! How'd you get here?"

Olette smiled as he made his way over, happy to see a familiar face, but when he asked the question, stared at him blankly for a moment. "I walked.... Oh! Wait, did you mean how I got Paixao?" The lack of proper nutrition was getting to her; she was having trouble thinking clearly.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-14 05:53 pm (UTC)(link)
"Well, I don't know how I got here. Nobody d-"

"Pence!" He yelled. "Is Pence here too? Do you know where he is?"

Olette flinched at the sudden change in volume. "No, I haven't seen or heard of him yet." She smiled a little apologetic smile.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-14 09:29 pm (UTC)(link)
"C'mon Olette..." The boy whined. "I know I'm smart and all... but you're the brainy one. You're good at keeping track of those kinds of things..."

Olette couldn't help but giggle at his whining. He was so amusing sometimes.

"Well okay then!" Hayner's mood suddenly did a three-sixty. "Where have you been staying? We need to find a good spot to hang out and stuff. And maybe something to eat. I haven't eaten in days!"

Well, at least he was in a better mood, even though he asked a question that made Olette frown. "Well.... I haven't really been staying anywhere in particular, just..." She attempted to find a nice way to put it. "...some rather... cheap hotels. As for food, I haven't really been getting much either the past few days. I'm kinda short on munny." She shifted uncomfortably. "I've got maybe enough for food for the both of us, if you don't mind splitting one meal, and enough for one room." This was going to be awkward.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-15 06:22 pm (UTC)(link)
Olette sighed. "I know. I've been looking for a job the entire time I've been here...." She was glad to hear he had at least a little munny, but it wasn't going to last them forever. "There was one opening at a museum, but I don't know if they're still hiring...."

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-15 11:25 pm (UTC)(link)
Olette plopped down on the ground, against a nearby wall. "I don't know, but at the moment it's our best bet." She neglected to mention that she already knew what a journal was and how it worked. "If there's anyone that needs help, that's probably where they'll look."

It was just like Hayner to put himself in charge. What else was new? Yet, it didn't bother her. That was just how things were. She was more than content to follow his lead; it made her feel secure, somehow. 'Must be that 'flock mentality' or something....'

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-16 04:13 pm (UTC)(link)
"Yeah. Well, haven't really been doing much while I waited; I just wandered around and got to know the place a little better. I mean.... It's really big, and it looks like we're trapped here, so... why not get aqquainted?" Even though it was still totally creepy that everything was fake.

(( Nyargh. Just woke up. >.O ))

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-18 06:16 pm (UTC)(link)
'He hasn't already heard that? Oops.... I should have broken it to him gently.'

"Yeah, pretty much. Apparently this whole place is on an island.... At least it's a big island." Olette mustered a small smile, trying to reassure him and look on the bright side. "I've been here a few days and I haven't even been everywhere..." Not that she'd want to. Some parts of Paixao were better left alone. Or rather, she was too scared to go by herself.

For a change of subject, she added, "...and I've met some pretty nice people too."

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-19 06:09 pm (UTC)(link)
"From what I've heard, a lot of people have already tried, but no one's made much progress. We should really just get settled first...." Olette reasoned, hoping he hadn't decided on trying yet; if he did that, there'd be no way to stop him. There was not telling what crazy scheme he'd come up with, not to mention drag her along for.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-22 03:13 am (UTC)(link)
Olette thought for a moment before drawing her legs up to her chest and resting her chin on her knees. "Mmm.... I don't think anyone I've met could really help. Pretty much everyone seems to have just arrived here within the past few weeks. Oh! Speaking of help, if you see anyone with silver hair, would you mind making sure I know about it? I... promised someone I'd help them find their family. But they're not going to pay me or anything...." The last bit was just tacked on so Hayner wouldn't get any fancy ideas.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-24 09:45 pm (UTC)(link)
Olette refrained from commenting on his bad-mouthing of people behind their backs; she didn't need to make him mad at her. "Well, if there's any chance at all of getting help, then it's worth a shot. You could at least talk to him.... You never know."

'Yazoo was NOT a jerk.... A little intimidating, maybe, but not a jerk.' But heck would freeze over before she said a thing about it.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-07-29 06:09 pm (UTC)(link)
(( :X No problem. But I meant Ford, not Yazooooooo. ;_; Sorry for being unclear. D: ))

HI SKWINKY, OLETTE-MUN.

[identity profile] liririn.livejournal.com 2006-07-31 06:56 am (UTC)(link)
Incoming object! Incoming object! All patrons, please get out of the way, cling to a grounded structure, or hide below a bench!

....that would be the warning signal--if she had one--that would blare whenever Lirin would set course onto one of her stampedes. Surely, she would beat even the standby train in a race! But, that was far from her mind as the demoness had never seen a train in her life. Well, now she was.

"LIRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN TOUCHDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN!" she yelled, screeching to a stop. Any hats would be blown off and any loose hair would have to be fixed after the Wind of Inertia™ burst in her wake. When the dust and flyers settled down, the short girl--shorter than five feet--could be seen blankly staring (much like the citizens at the station) at the iron transport. It whistled, expelling a billow of steam from a protruding pipe. Or chimney. Whatever it's called. Spout?

Lirin, fascinated, slowly took a step towards the train, showing her back to the Twilight Towners. Unfortunately for them, they will have to bear with Hungry Lirin­™ within the next few seconds.

[identity profile] originalnorange.livejournal.com 2006-08-01 06:34 pm (UTC)(link)
Olette was still blinking and trying to get her hearing back when Hayner started yelling too. She grimaced and stood up too. "Please, Hayner, more yelling isn't going to help!"

[identity profile] liririn.livejournal.com 2006-08-04 02:53 am (UTC)(link)
Someone was yelling at her. Someone was yelling at her. No one had that priviledge save her brother. Dokugakuji also yelled at her, but she always returned it with a kick to the shin. Vein protruding, the dark-skinned midget of a demon turned to give this loud person a piece of her mind.

"Who are YOU to yell at me?! Vegetable head! Porcupine! Frizzy bi-- ...." Lirin trailed off, poised in an inclined position as her stomach mechanically took over her senses. "...do you have any food?"

(ooc: I might have to jet sooner or later as Sanzo and company seem to have need of me. Hakkai's got food on him too. xD They'll be taking the train; I don't know if they'll drop in here or I'll drop in their thread. I'll let you know when I've been confirmed!)

Page 1 of 2